Vinyl Windows in Tucson, AZ
Are you ready to replace the old windows in your Tucson home? Perhaps you want to install energy-efficient windows in your newly constructed home or business. Either way, be sure to choose the right window material to match your budget and performance expectations. With so many options out there, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Fortunately, Open Enclose can educate you about different window materials so you can find the right fit.
Vinyl windows are one of the top-selling window materials available today. Learn more about vinyl windows to see if their benefits and features line up with your goals.
Then, contact Open Enclose to schedule a free vinyl window installation estimate.
What Are Vinyl Windows?
Vinyl is a man-made material comprised of ethylene and chlorine. When processed, these become polyvinyl chloride, known as PVC or vinyl for short.
The origins of vinyl date back to Germany in the 1950s. Wood and aluminum were in short supply following WWII, so a new, low-cost material was needed for windows and other construction components. Following its birthplace in Europe, vinyl came to the US by the 1960s, and during the energy crisis of the 1970s, this material’s superior energy efficiency and inexpensive manufacturing costs led to an explosion in popularity.
In their infancy, vinyl windows were prone to many problems, including discoloration, cracking, and warping after just a few years of exposure to the sun’s unrelenting UV rays. However, today’s vinyl windows are a whole different story. They have improved by leaps and bounds in the past 60 years since they were first invented to become some of the most popular windows in the world.
Benefits of Vinyl Windows
If you choose to install vinyl windows, you can expect this investment to benefit your home for decades. Some of the benefits of vinyl windows include:
- Energy efficiency: As a type of plastic, vinyl is a natural insulator, meaning it acts as an effective barrier between the inside and outside. Plus, energy-efficient vinyl windows feature double- or triple-pane glass, low-e coatings, gas infill, and other features designed to boost performance even further.
- Durability: Today’s vinyl windows are manufactured to last. Unlike wood windows, vinyl is impervious to rot and mold. The material will also never peel, fade, or blister in the hot sun. It’s also resistant to the effects of extreme weather, including rain, sleet, and snow. Be sure to choose windows with consistent color throughout the extruded vinyl frame so nicks and scratches are nearly invisible.
- Affordability: Vinyl is among the least expensive window materials to manufacture, allowing you to replace every window in your home with less impact on your wallet. Just remember not to skimp on quality since you need high-performance windows to decrease your energy bills.
- Low maintenance: Vinyl windows are a breeze to take care of, requiring virtually zero upkeep. All that’s needed is to clean the glass when it gets dirty, replace the weatherstripping once every 10 years, and wipe down the window frame with a damp cloth on occasion. With vinyl, you’ll never need to sand, paint, or seal your windows ever again!
Vinyl Window Brands
Deciding on vinyl windows isn’t enough. You must also select a reputable brand from which to purchase your windows.
Open Enclose is the largest Pella dealer in Tucson. This brand manufactures some of the highest-quality vinyl windows on the market with impressive efficiency and customer satisfaction ratings. It comes as no surprise when you realize that Pella has nearly a century of experience as a window and door manufacturer.
In addition to Pella, we also install vinyl windows from the following trusted manufacturers:
- Milgard Windows
- Jeld-Wen Windows
- Andersen Windows
- International Window Company
- And more!
Schedule Vinyl Window Installation or Replacement in Tucson, AZ
At Open Enclose, our goal is to provide our customers with the best new and replacement windows in Tucson. We offer a wide selection from several manufacturers, so there’s no shortage of choices. Then, we perform expert installation services to ensure your complete satisfaction.
When you’re ready to begin the vinyl window installation process, please contact Open Enclose. We have over a decade of experience helping homeowners select the right windows for their needs and budget.
- 100% Customer Service Satisfaction
- Haggle-Free Upfront Pricing
- We Do It All, No Sub-Contracting
- Free, No-Obligation Estimate