Egress Window Replacement & Installation in Tucson, AZ
When a fire or other emergency strikes, the most important thing you need is a safe way out. While new homes built to code require every bedroom to feature at least two exits, some older homes lack this necessity. At Open Enclose, we have a solution: egress windows. As a local window contractor in Tucson, AZ, Open Enclose provides a variety of options to make your property safer.
To learn more about egress windows, or to request a free window installation consultation in Tucson, please call us at 520-485-4546 today.
What Are Egress Windows?
The word “egress” means to leave a place. Therefore, egress windows are any type of window that features an opening large enough to escape through during an emergency.
Building codes require all bedrooms to feature an egress window for safety, including those in the basement. The International Residential Code has established that egress windows must open at least 20 inches wide and 24 inches high for a minimum opening of 5.7 square feet. The windowsill must also be no higher than 44 inches above the finished floor.
Many types of operable windows meet or exceed the requirements for egress windows, as long as they’re a suitable size and installed close enough to the floor. These include:
- Double-hung windows
- Single-hung windows
- Sliding windows
- Casement windows
Egress Window Brands We Carry
As the largest in the Tucson area, Open Enclose is qualified to install beautiful egress windows from this popular brand. We also offer code-compliant options from several other window manufacturers, including:
- And others
Benefits of Egress Windows
If you’re wondering whether egress windows are worth it, consider what they do for your home:
- Improve safety and code compliance: Even if you replace the windows in your home, one or more rooms may lack egress windows, making it difficult to escape in an emergency. For safety purposes, we recommend installing windows as dictated by local and national fire codes.
- Increase home value: Potential homebuyers are looking for a house with all the comfort and safety features they expect. Therefore, adding egress windows can improve interest in your property and potentially increase its value.
- Make a good investment: Whether you’re planning to stick around in your home for decades to come, or you’re looking to improve your property before putting it on the market, egress windows are an investment you can feel good about.
Open Enclose Installs Egress Windows in Tucson, AZ
Enlarging a small window opening or installing an egress window on an empty wall requires careful execution. The experienced team at Open Enclose is qualified to perform these upgrades.
Here’s why you can confidently choose us for egress window installation in Tucson, AZ:
- We are locally owned and operated.
- We do it all with no subcontracting, so you can trust our work on every job.
- A free, no-obligation estimate gives you the peace of mind you need to start your project.
- Our up-front, haggle-free pricing keeps your egress window installation affordable.
- We guarantee your 100% satisfaction.
- Our team is Installation Masters Certified.
- We are BBB accredited and maintain an A+ rating.
- We have been honored to receive the coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award.
Install Egress Windows in Tucson, AZ
At Open Enclose, your family’s well-being is our number one priority. We’ll help you choose the ideal egress windows to balance the safety and style of your home. When you work with us, you know you’re getting high-quality products and unparalleled customer service.
For more information about our egress windows, or to schedule an estimate, please call Open Enclose today.
- 100% Customer Service Satisfaction
- Haggle-Free Upfront Pricing
- We Do It All, No Sub-Contracting
- Free, No-Obligation Estimate