Energy-Efficient Window in Tucson, AZ
With ever-rising electricity and natural gas costs, now is a good time to trade in your old windows for energy-efficient versions. At Open Enclose, we offer a full line of high-performance windows from many of today’s best manufacturers. Not only do we offer energy-efficient windows for residential homes, but we have commercial windows for Tucson, AZ businesses, too. Replacement windows are available in a wide range of styles, sizes, and materials. We’re happy to walk you through your options so you can confidently select the windows that are best for you.
To start saving money on energy bills, schedule your window installation for your Tucson, AZ home with Open Enclose today!
Characteristics of Energy-Efficient Windows
The easiest way to identify energy-efficient windows is to check for the ENERGY STAR® label. This designation means the window meets stringent EPA performance guidelines. ENERGY STAR® windows block solar heat gain, have a low heat transfer rate, and reduce air leaks. While ENERGY STAR® does not currently label commercial windows for energy efficiency, you can still get energy-efficient commercial windows in Tucson, AZ businesses! Most energy-efficient windows share the same features to accomplish these beneficial characteristics, including:
- Low-E glass: A low-emissivity coating is a microscopically thin layer of metal that reflects UV rays without affecting your view out the window. The purpose of low-E glass is to reduce solar heat gain and keep your Tucson home or business cooler during the Arizona summer.
- Double- or triple-pane glass: Single-pane windows pale in comparison to double- and triple-pane options. By simply adding a pocket of air between the panes, the window’s insulating capabilities improve tremendously.
- Gas infill: Multi-pane windows perform even more efficiently when the pocket between the sheets of glass contains a dense, non-toxic gas such as argon or krypton. A tight window seal keeps these gases in place for years to come.
- Warm-edge spacers: The perimeter of the window is the most vulnerable place for heat transfer to occur. Warm-edge spacers maintain a precise distance between the panes and insulate the edges of the window at the same time.
- Energy-efficient frame: Some of the most popular window materials include vinyl, fiberglass, aluminum, and aluminum-clad wood. All of these can earn the ENERGY STAR® label, provided the manufacturer constructs them with quality and performance in mind.
To learn more about energy-efficient commercial windows for your Tucson business or window installation for your Catalina Foothills, AZ or surrounding area home, contact Open Enclose today!
Benefits of Energy-Efficient Windows
Because of the extra design effort and engineering that goes into them, energy-efficient windows often require a greater investment than regular windows. However, the cost is worth it when you begin to realize these benefits:
- Lower heating and cooling bills: The biggest drive for many home and business owners to install energy-efficient windows is the chance to earn a return on investment. This is possible because the superior performance of these windows helps to noticeably decrease your utility bills, especially if you’re upgrading from single-pane windows.
- More comfortable home: Have you grown tired of drafts and solar heat gain that make it difficult to keep every room in the building the same temperature? Inefficient windows could be to blame. Put a stop to the discomfort by upgrading to tightly sealed, UV-blocking windows.
- Preserved furnishings: Blocking UV rays reduces heat gain, but it also prevents your carpet, upholstery, curtains, and other furnishings from fading. This is just another way your investment in energy-efficient windows pays you back.
- Environmental benefits: Energy-efficient windows don’t just save you money—they also help conserve resources, which benefits our planet. With so many home and business owners wanting to go green these days, you can rest assured that installing energy-efficient windows is a solid investment for your Tucson, AZ property.
Energy-efficient windows are definitely worth the investment, especially for a state as hot as Arizona! Contact Open Enclose for your energy-efficient window installation in Catalina Foothills and the surrounding area today!
Best Energy-Efficient Window Brands
Open Enclose is proud to be the largest Pella window and door dealer in the Tucson area. Pella is dedicated to offering some of the best window options available today, including those with the energy-efficient features listed above.
In addition to Pella, we also install energy-efficient windows from several other top manufacturers, including:
- And many others
Schedule an Energy-Efficient Window Installation in Tucson, AZ
When you’re ready to start saving money and doing your part for the environment, consider upgrading the windows in your Tucson, AZ home or business. Open Enclose has more than a decade of experience helping our customers select the best windows for their needs and budget.
To find out more about energy-efficient windows, or to schedule a free estimate, please call Open Enclose today at (520) 485-4546.
- 100% Customer Service Satisfaction
- Haggle-Free Upfront Pricing
- We Do It All, No Sub-Contracting
- Free, No-Obligation Estimate